Join trail advocates, organizations, speakers, builders, use groups, volunteers, planners and regulators as we discuss, learn and improve Ontario’s Trails
Our Plan for 2013 – We are working with the full support of Kawarthas Northumberland Tourism Region (RTO8), and a number of local trails groups to bring you the best Trailhead Ontario yet!
There are a lot of new trails and trail tourism partnerships in RTO8. The Ontario Trails “Trailhead Ontario 2013″ Committee is is pleased to announce the Holiday Inn Waterfront Peterborough as the location of our conferencing and trails risk management sessions..
New for 2013 -
- Regional Tourism development includes trails. Trail packages, trail experiences, trail destinations. This takes a blending of major destinations, natural topographies, parks, conservation, county forest and up to 18 different trail activities. What’s in your “Trail Mix”? What’s our plan for marketing this unique matrix of dynamic outdoor experiences so that the world can find the world’s best range of trail fun right here at home.
- Join us at the Canoe Museum Sunday June 9th – Wine and Cheese Reception 6-8pm – Hosted by RTO8!
- International Trail development panel – hear trail association professionals from the states of Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio and New York as we convene a panel on cross border trails tourism, promoting the Great Lakes Basin. Hear how trails are developed, managed and promoted by our counterparts just across the Ontario/USA Border.
- Join us for a BBQ Dinner Monday night – 5:30-7:00pm
- Local Initiatives – Kawarthas Northumberland are promoting trails and trails activity in new and exciting ways. Working with trail groups is the cornerstone of the RTO8 trails development agenda. Come and hear how Peterborough Kawarthas is working with Trent University, Fleming and the Trans Canada Trail on the development of regional initiatives such as, heritage trails, provincial trails day on a variety of other seasonal marketing initiatives for trails and trail towns.
- We wish to thank Backroads Mapbooks for registering and supporting our event by purchasing booth space. Thanks
OTC AGM – 1200 noon June 10, 2013